Today #PRFest launches its PR e-book
The inaugural #PRFest, the only PR festival in the UK, has brought together speaker presentations, discussions, debates and workshops to result in an e-book.
119 practitioners and 31 speakers and panelists gathered in Edinburgh in June, at Whitespace, to learn, share and collaborate. The intention was that the festival would discuss the opportunity for public relations and inspire practitioners to progress their knowledge and skills, helping to move the industry forward.
The idea behind the festival, designed and coordinated by Laura Sutherland, was a practical way to get practitioners together, across all sectors and areas of PR, comms and digital. #PRFest (unofficially) kicked off festival season in Edinburgh!
The quality of presentations from an international line-up of speakers from New York, Belgium and Stockholm through to practitioners from across England and Scotland, demonstrated that we have much to do to move the industry on. The festival was geared towards showing attendees what and how they could improve as well as share best practice amongst peers.
The e-book is a reminder of discussions and a way for practitioners who couldn’t attend to stay in the loop. It’s free to download and read at your leisure. Don’t forget to log CPD points!
#PRFest spread across the globe with great engagement on Twitter and many discussions had as a result. Please share the e-book with your network – it may help others.
Looking to the future, the challenge before the 2017 #PRFest is to read the book and remember what the speakers asked you to do:
- Commit to CPD and look after your own PR professional development – it’s your responsibility
- Get to grips with AMEC’s measurement and evaluation – it will soon be the industry standard
- Review your processes when it comes to employment, progression and in particular gender parity
- Look at what takes the most time to do your job and find a tool which can help you cut down the time spent on activities
- Get to grips with what you say PR is. Explain it whenever you have the chance
We’ll be a stronger industry, with a better understanding externally, if we share, collaborate and learn from each other.
The final challenge is to book early for 2017! Early bird tickets will be released when #PRFest2017 launches December 2016.